Artesia: Adventures in the Known World RPG
The award-winning fantasy series Artesia comes to life in the Adventures in the Known World RPG, using a modified and easy-to-use Fuzion™-based roleplaying system to plunge players into the strife-riven realms of the Known World, from the warring Citadels of the Daradjan Highlands to the never-ending feud between the Sun Court of Illia and the Phoenix Court of the Empire of Thessid- Gola. Artesia: Adventures in The Known World is a 352-page, full-color 8 1/2 x 11 hardcover book containing all the rules and background material needed to allow players to create characters from the Middle Kingdoms and its neighbors and set out on epic adventures.
The book is profusely illustrated by images from the comic book series and by images and maps specially prepared by the author for the game.
The book includes:
- Histories and descriptions of the major regions and cultures of the Known World, the setting of the award-winning fantasy comic book Artesia.
- Expansive character generation rules adapting R.Talsorian Games’ LifePath™ system, including birth omens, star signs, and divine and heroic lineages.
- Rules for the use of hermetic, folk and cult magic, along with alchemy and divination.
- Rules for talents and abilities accessible to characters through the Arcana, the Tarot-like system representing the Known World’s archetypal paths ofpower and the foundation of an unique system of experience, allowing game rewards for virtually all types of character actions.
- A bestiary of common, uncommon, and a few rare creatures encountered in the Known World.
- A complete introductory adventure, The Witch’s Price, designed to bring players into the setting and lay the groundwork for many adventures to come!
Awards & Nominations
2006 ORIGINS AWARD WINNER for ROLEPLAYING GAME OF THE YEAR
Winner, 2006 Indie RPG Award for Best Production
Nominated for 6 2006 ENnie Awards including Best Art, Interior; Best Production Values; Best Writing; Best Campaign Setting; Best Game; Best Product
Nominated for InQuest Magazine’s Best RPG of 2006
“Well built on Mike Pondsmith’s Fuzion System, this may well be the most gorgeous game book I saw all year… Look at this book and discover the difference between ‘artist’ and ‘layout guy.’” Honorable Mention as Best Licensed Thing of 2005
— Kenneth Hite, Out of the Box
“Artesia is a solid game. It is a lovely book, full of lovely art, and a solid, fun, and genuinely mythic feeling setting…a solid system that builds on Fuzion and adds lifepaths and relationships in ways that really help drive both character and plot creation.” Five of Five for Style, Four of Five for Substance.
— Brand Robbins, www.RPG.net
“Artesia: Adventures in the Known World is quite a product, with high production quality. The art is superb…this is an impressive campaign guide, a shining example of essentially a one-man design team who has mastered role-playing games as well as comics… Take a look and see what the new age may hold.” Four-and-a-half Stars!
–Wayne Tonjes, www.gamingreport.com
“A beautifully produced RPG with an innovative, elegant game system and an excellent fantasy background… Artesia: Adventures in the Known World starts out with a well developed, and deep game world [and] supplements that with a solid game system that’s well thought-out and elegant. Style: 5 (Excellent!) Substance: 5 (Excellent!)”
— Shannon Appelcline, www.RPG.net
“Artesia is a must for fans of the comics and is requisite reading and play for hard-core fans of truly epic high fantasy.”
— James Mishler, Scrye Magazine